The Traffic Manager will be responsible for the management and maintenance of traffic and clearance operations for broadcast commercial and OOH materials. The traffic manager will supervise distribution of commercial materials in a timely manner to networks, local stations and distributors, and ensure quality control of final delivery. The traffic manager will also be tasked with evaluating traffic workflows and procedure for all agency clients and change processes to implement industry best practices where necessary. Additionally, the traffic manager will be expected to train and supervise junior members of the agency production team.
- Manage the trafficking of all client materials for TV, terrestrial, and digital Radio spots airing on various platforms (Networks/Local Stations/VOD/Terrestrial Radio, Streaming platforms, etc.)
- Conduct a critical assessment of agency traffic procedure, in concert with Business Affairs, the Head of Production, and Account team leadership.
- Supervise workflow, create and delegate job assignments and assume final responsibility for quality control
- Manage traffic deadlines for broadcast and digital deliverables. Maintain these schedules and flight/live dates in cooperation with account management, production, and media teams to ensure materials are delivered to stations and publications on time per media schedules.
- Liaise with media agencies and agency account teams regarding change in flights dates, station lists, materials needed, and format requirements.
- Report traffic instructions to BA/paymaster in order to generate accurate residual invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Issue traffic instructions to stations or media agencies
- Issue purchases orders to vendor(s) in a timely manner for commercial distribution production requests such as captioning and encoding
- Field questions from stations
- Review and approve invoices
- Multi-task on various campaigns and projects, remaining organized throughout and prioritize tasks as needed
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends as they relate to ad ops/trafficking
- Manage all commercial continuity processes, as well as workflows between commercial delivery services
- Source and manage a data/element storage facility
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of traffic management
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of the commercial advertising trafficking processes.
- Experience trafficking and handling Clearance for national and local broadcast networks
- Organized and detailed manager of people and resources
- Solid understanding of broadcasting as it relates to Sales, Traffic, Production and Accounting
- Conceptual and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas to all levels of management with confidence, to facilitate necessary changes.
- Ability to work well against deadlines
- Understanding of Traffic/Clearance Department demands and work hours