22squared Tagging Manager
As a member of the 22squared Technology team, the Tagging Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing digital tagging for data capture to track digital marketing efforts and will work cross-functionally across multiple teams, including analytics, media and development, to ensure high quality data operations. This includes but is not limited to 3rd party media tag management, implementation, integration & custom tag development utilizing Google Tag Manager (GTM), Tealium and Ensighten. This also includes tagging management for Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and other tools used for media and analytics.
This role will oversee the continued enhancement, design, and delivery of analytics tagging and tracking across our clients’ websites while supporting advanced data capture capabilities to support digital analytics initiatives. This person will also provide ongoing educational support to all internal and external teams regarding tag management. Additionally, this individual will play a major role in tag solution design creation, documentation and maintenance. A strong understanding of best practices in regards to tag management is required. This role will build knowledge across multiple systems and how they interact with one another, ensuring that data is flowing between solutions for analysis and activation.
A general understanding of digital marketing channels, marketing technology and advertising technology is required, coupled with strong problem-solving skills, breaking down complex issues to find the root cause. The ability to explain complex, technical concepts to non-technical audiences is imperative. This individual must have a great desire to learn new things and be quick at applying newly learned skills while keeping a strong attention to detail. The ability to work effectively as part of a team is essential.
This role sits within the Tagging and Website Analytics team, reporting to the Director of Website Tracking and Analytics.
● 2+ years of comparable work experience
● Proven record of delivering quality results on time
● Deep understanding of Google Tag Manager required
● Experience with Tealium is strongly preferred
● Ensighten experience helpful, but not required
● Understanding of the purpose of tagging and how it affects all measurement platforms
○ Experience tagging for Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics as well as adserver and vendor tagging
● Experience with Jira and knowledge of tagging documentation maintenance
● Ability to communicate in a client facing manner
○ Clear, concise and effective communication both verbally and written
● Understanding of data layers and how they are utilized within tag management systems
● Use discretion and exercise good judgment in making decisions
● Educate and promote understanding and partnership among internal and external client teams
● Strong interpersonal skills