Guided by Good, Inc. is the newly formed parent company of 22squared, Inc and Trade School, LLC. It is privately held and employee-owned with offices in Atlanta and Tampa. Guided by Good’s primary focus is to provide executive and operational support to 22squared and Trade School whose focus is on helping brands grow and succeed by improving the lives of the people they market to. 22squared is an integrated creative & media company who uses creativity to grow business. Trade School is a holistic content shop that helps clients accelerate and scale the creation of high quality, effective content.
For more information about the company, please visit us at https://www.guidedbygood.com/.
This position will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties including: assist with month-end and year-end close, budget versus actual reporting, G/L account reconciliations, client billing and related accounts payable, and other special projects as assigned. A willingness to learn the inner workings of the agency and its software systems and processes, as it relates to the accounting department, is crucial to the overall success and future growth opportunities for this position. Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills along with a desire to collaborate with others, both within and outside of the department, are also requirements of this position.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close responsibilities including G/L account reconciliations, fixed asset recording and reporting, related analysis, preparation of journal entries and utilization of access databases to run reports.
- Assist with the G/L coding of agency operating invoices to ensure the accurate recording of expenses to the proper G/L account and department/client budget.
- Become familiar with the agency’s travel and expense reporting system, Concur, in order to investigate problems related to the coding of expenses and or the processing of delinquent expenses and related analysis.
- Perform client billing, related accounts payable functions, and reporting primarily to learn the inner workings of the agency and its software systems in order to solve problems, answer inquiries and pull additional data for custom reporting as needed.
- Learn and use software systems and technology to streamline manual processes, customize reporting, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks including but not limited to annual surveys, license renewals, registrations, tax filings, insurance renewals and creating budget templates.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, required
- 3 years of relevant experience, required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, required
- Experience with accounting software
- Must be a team player with ability to maintain a positive attitude in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Self-starter, energetic, enthusiastic, and customer service focused
- Attention to detail
- Interested in learning and teaching others