22squared is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our growing Technology team. You will help our team define, manage, and deliver technical projects in conjunction with cross-functional agency partners. Working with our team requires a unique blend of technical, product and project management skills as well as a keen understanding of how to work with strategy, creative, account, analytics and media partners. The Senior Technical Program Manager leads the vision, discovery, prioritization, and ultimate execution of technical projects at the agency.
Our ideal candidate is a natural leader and communicator, with a passion for bringing together people and processes. You are a big picture thinker who can see how all of the pieces fit together, but you also love the details. In this role, you are the conduit between Technology and the rest of our business. While not a designer, you know what makes an interactive experience stand out. While not a developer, you understand technical tradeoffs and can communicate technical details with both internal and client stakeholders.
22squared believes that each employee plays an integral role in the overall success of our agency. Because of that, an employee’s contributions should not be limited by the responsibilities listed in a job description. This job description is designed to outline the primary duties, qualifications and job scope, not limit the employee to just the key responsibilities identified.
- Lead consistent execution of technical projects from discovery to launch, centered around digital experiences, websites, web apps, and mobile apps.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Daily management of cross-functional internal agency teams
- Ensure product, creative and technical deliverables align with expectations
- Lead scoping, estimation and Scope of Work creation
- Project staff planning and capacity management
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans
- Manage project hours burn and reporting
- Support project communication with external client teams
- Lead project status meetings
- Craft requirements documentation
- Facilitate the creation of functional and technical specifications
- Partner with strategy, user experience design, developers, and business stakeholders on defining product requirements that facilitate clarity and prioritization of feature needs
- Writing Jira tasks and user stories, ranking and prioritizing them within the product backlog based on business priorities
- Assist Director of Technical Program Management in ongoing workflow improvements, including tools recommendations, process implementation, and cross-department education on best practices
- Lead team documentation centralization efforts
- 8+ years of Technical Production or related experience in an agency environment, specializing in digital experiences, websites, and apps
- Experience with Agile frameworks such as Scrum (Scrum Master and/or Product Owner certification a plus)
- Demonstrated excellence and track record of success in bringing digital experiences to life, from planning stages to final delivery
- Experience leading and managing multiple complex digital projects of teams over 10+ concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Experience with client communications and relationship management
- Natural problem solver who thrives in an ever-evolving environment
- Inspires and energizes team members, and always leads by example
- Proven organizational skills and relentless attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask and manage time effectively
- In-depth knowledge of project management tools, best practices and processes
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Slack and Smartsheets
- Strong knowledge of the web and the software development process