Sr. Media Manager – Digital Investment (Paid Search)
The Sr. Media Manager – Digital Investment (Paid Search) will support the Media Supervisor in the overarching Search strategy, overseeing optimizations, analysis and tactical execution. This person has a strong understanding of Video, GDN, and Native advertising and a solid foundation of various search and analytics tools. The Sr. Media Manager is a driven professional that has both critical and analytical thinking and the ability to organize, optimize and derive algorithmic solutions for paid search accounts. Passion for quantitative analysis and affinity for math/statistics is strongly preferred. Experience on other Digital Investment channels is preferred (Social & Programmatic) and willingness to learn across these disciplines is required.
22squared believes that each employee plays an integral role in the overall success of our agency. Because of that, an employee’s contributions should not be limited by the responsibilities listed in a job description. This job description is designed to outline the primary duties, qualifications and job scope. Not limit the employee to just the key responsibilities identified.
- Evaluation of inventory sources, data, analytics solutions and technology platform options in the marketplace
- Oversee search testing, campaign management, and optimization.
- Extensive knowledge of paid search campaign activation
- Responsible for comprehensive search reporting including reporting tool management and presenting insights to clients.
- Aid in the development of Search strategies and recommendations for yearly and ad hoc plans.
- Manage and oversee campaign budgets and pacing
- Assist in search audience strategy development, including interaction with AdTech that supports audience activation (Salesforce Audience Studio, LiveRamp, etc.)
- Manages data application across search campaigns from various sources based on audience strategy and measurement framework.
- Meet all critical deadlines and client deliverables
- Work and collaborate with internal teams (analytics, account management, AdOps) as well as external (client), and vendor partners
- Prepare and as needed, present client-facing communications as well as educational overviews to digital and non-digital stakeholders
- Ability to critically analyze and process data and an ability to effectively communicate findings in verbal and written form
- Critically evaluate the ability of data sources, inventory and media platforms to create a competitive advantage
- Oversee flawless execution with direct campaign management in self-serve tools
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, economics, mathematics, statistics, or similar analytical field
- 4-6 years of digital media planning and buying experience
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in activating paid search and other Google formats (YouTube, GDN, Discovery, etc)
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets (i.e. Pivot tables & Vlookups, Slicers, nested IF statements)
- Knowledge of Tableau/MySQL/Datorama/Google Data Studio is a plus
- Knowledge of ad serving platforms (CM360 preferred) and online analytics solutions (Google, Adobe)
- Experience with automated bid tools (SA360, Google Ads, Bing)
- Understanding of tagging and tracking solutions
- Excellent organizational, communication, and team-working skills
- Experience building, organizing data for analysis and optimizations
- Quantitative analysis
- Forecasting strategies
- Data modeling and statistical analysis is a plus
- Must be a self-starter/self-motivated person
- Strong attention to detail and ability to dig into data while understanding important initiatives and priorities
- DoubleClick, Adwords and Bing editor experience is preferred (Marin/Kenshoo is a plus)
- Experience presenting to clients via phone calls and in person-meetings