22squared is looking for a Senior Communications Strategist to join our growing team and drive meaningful connections with our clients’ audiences at every stage of the consumer journey and across all channels.
As part of our Communications Strategy team, you will facilitate integrated thinking by encouraging cross-channel ideas, ensuring creative ideas are brought to life in a strategic manner, and that our creative is enhanced for every marketing channel.
The Sr. Communications Strategist reports to the Communications Strategy Director and will be responsible for determining how creative components (paid, owned, earned) work together to drive consumer action, and ultimately, business results.
Our ideal candidate understands how to use data, intuition, and cultural insights to map messaging strategy, communications goals, and channel opportunities to each phase of the consumer journey. This person is passionate about the intersection of culture and technology, with a firm grasp on why and how people use different media to communicate and consume content.
Experience with Automotive clients is strongly preferred.
- Assist in the development of brand and campaign-level communication and content strategies based on business objectives, consumer behavior, and channel best practices.
- Create communication plans with outputs including consumer journeys, audience insights, messaging strategies, channel roles & opportunities, and content ecosystems.
- Ensure all creative is grounded in audience insights and maps to platform usage and trends.
- Maintain strong partnerships with platform partners (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Google, etc.) to identify creative opportunities and best practices.
- Foster best-in-class creative development in partnership with Creative teams, making sure all concepts and assets align with broader communication strategy, media plan, channel best practices, audience usage, and trends.
- Stay on top of the latest trends in customer experience, consumer journeys, digital platforms, and social media, and determine how to keep our clients on the cutting edge.
- Be a strong partner to Strategy, Creative, Media, and Analytics teams, helping our agency teams and clients better connect ideas to the consumer journey.
- Serve as a central connection point with Media Planning, ensuring content creation complements the distribution plan and reflects modern media behaviors.
- Collaborate with Strategy team to understand and deliver insights rooted in the intersection of the audience, channel insights and the brand message/goals.
- Partner with Creative teams on guiding asset development based on audience and channel insights while also providing strategic feedback rooted in best practices for specific channels.
- Work with Analytics team to define the measurement strategy for the Communications Plan, including defining what success looks like across a number of platforms; make decisions about future initiatives based on data and performance.
- 5-8 years experience in a social, digital, or communications planning role; retail industry experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of multiple communication channels, including paid, owned and earned, and how consumers use each to make decisions and consume content.
- Experience with paid social and digital media and an understanding on how to drive engagement, reach, and conversion.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of media platforms and their media and creative capabilities, including how to tailor creative ideas for specific channels.
- Assists with the development of strategic deliverables, with outputs including presentations, consumer journeys, communication plans, thought leadership & best practices, and briefing documents.
- Takes ownership and produces high-quality deliverables over multiple assignments concurrently.
- Relentlessly curious and inherently positive and forward-thinking.