A 22squared Senior Media Buyer is responsible for executing all buys within assigned markets according to plan and deadline. In addition, this person should be able to achieve successful goals established for post-buy performance. A Senior buyer’s list includes buying responsibilities in the home market or a top 25 market.
- Serves as the primary negotiator for all assigned broadcast markets.
- Responsible for insuring the highest quality buys at the lowest competitive market prices. All buys must post at 90%+ for the campaign flights in a given year.
- Insures high level of buy stewardship: timely completion of buys that deliver on specific guidelines, managing make-goods, preemptions, posts, restitution, etc.
- Attends meetings as needed or requested by the Director/Supervisor including internal/external presentations.
- Maintains current knowledge of all broadcast television programs in their assigned markets, and can effectively communicate the strengths and weaknesses of the programs and stations.
- Provides industry/market intelligence to further educate the team that may impact media plans. A Senior Buyer should be more proactive than reactive.
- Remains informed of radio stations, formats and changes within assigned markets and updates the supervisor/account planner as necessary.
- Remains current in local cable programming and systems in their assigned markets with an understanding of coverage and how it impacts the client’s business.
- Builds strong relationships with station representatives in their assigned markets and is able to speak clearly and effectively regarding the needs and desires of assigned clients.
- Builds a positive image in the broadcast community regarding the Agency’s buying capabilities and participates in advertising community events.
- Proactively seeks added value for all broadcast purchases beyond traditional billboards and bonus spots.
- Evaluates sponsorship opportunities in assigned markets and makes written recommendations to account groups and/or clients.
- Participates in training program of assistant media buyers and is available for questions and assistance.
- Remains current on Agency educational program and training goals for their job title.
- Further understanding of the relationship between Accounting/Billing and Media and the impact on client budgets.
- Is a resource for the Assistant and Media Buyer’s to go to regarding fine tuning negotiations and execution skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of media buying experience including a top 25 market
- Bachelor degree required. BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing/Business preferred
- Ability to understand client objectives and how they translate into media strategies
- Know and understand key media terminology
- Keep abreast of new media opportunities and trends
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong mathematic and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and a media buying software programs
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail and adhere to assigned deadlines
- The ability to work well with a team and also work independently
- Able to manage day-to-day execution of buys
- Proficient in the methodology and use of all available broadcast data and related services, including Nielsen, SRDS, Scarborough and MRI