Department: Creative Services
Reports to: Group Creative Director
The Multicultural Creative Director / Copywriter role requires a keen eye and brain for inclusive strategy, storytelling and craftsmanship in all media spaces, but with a passion for digital, content and social. This will include working with GCD on long– and short-form video, digital experiences, social media and emerging channels. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in diverse and inclusive work, knowing about multicultural audiences, and how to creatively reach and activate them. In addition, this candidate also possesses a strong interest in innovation and technology, and an enthusiasm for whatever comes next. This position requires a strong proficiency in Spanish- and English-language marketing. Our multicultural and inclusive work plays a key role at our agency, both internally and externally. Our people influence the work, so we strive to ensure our tables are inclusive and equitable. The Multicultural CD must engender an inclusive environment and have the ability to concept and present powerfully and simply to senior creatives, team members and our clients as well as help mentor younger creatives.
We embrace the creative department essence: We believe in the power and obligation of creativity to make the world a better place. We are storytellers. We solve business problems with stories that evoke emotion and ignite conversation.
- Champion the creative vision.
- Communicate effectively in visual, written and interactive formats.
- Diffuse problems and offer sound, strategic solutions on behalf of 22squared and our clients.
- Responsible for sound, strategic thinking for integrated campaign work.
- Display infectious curiosity, at all times.
- Obsessed with current trends and the latest advances in the technological space.
- Consistently tell engaging stories, no matter what the channel, even if that means creating a new channel.
- Manage client relationships during projects.
- Contribute to the new business activities of the agency.
- Strong presence with clients and within the advertising community.
- Interest in, and insight into, the creatives working underneath you in order that you may inspire and motivate them in proper ways.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members as they create concepts and execute solutions for clients.
- Regular check-ins with direct reports on status of their projects.
- Conduct monthly one-on-ones with direct reports.
- Conduct annual appraisals with direct reports to review performance and discuss goals for the coming year.
- Adhere to 22squared policies regarding licensing of images, videos, music and fonts.
- Education from a Design or Graphic Arts school for BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing, Arts, English, Creative Writing, Journalism or Writing for Mass Communication preferred.
- 10+ years of diverse agency experience preferred, experience with multicultural markets/brands, a plus.
- Deep and personal understanding of and connection to Hispanic heritage and culture
- Fluent in both Spanish and English (written and verbal) with the ability to write in Spanish and present in English.
- Excellent understanding of and experience writing for multicultural markets/brands.
- Excellent, award-winning portfolio preferred.
- Excellent concepting skills.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
- Skills to inspire and motivate team members.
- Excellent team building and collaboration skills.
- Ability to critique and deliver constructive criticism.
- Management and supervision of both art and copy throughout the creative process.
- Proficiency in video, digital, social, print and beyond—campaign integration across all channels.
- Ability to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
- Effective handling of multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment.
- Comfortable with and receptive to feedback; desire to quickly address feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Accountability and self-development.
- Mac OS experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in relevant software packages. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps is a plus.
- Position requires local and overnight travel (up to 20 to 30% of the time).
- Working remotely and relocation are both options for this position.
- Position requires proficiency and grammar usage in English and Spanish.