DEPARTMENT: Media Planning
REPORTS TO: Associate Media Director
Media Supervisors are the senior day-to-day leaders on their assigned accounts. They are responsible for managing all steps of the media planning process, from strategy and planning to invoicing and billing.
In addition, they are responsible for people-management of all members of their team. They are responsible for managing workload, trouble shooting, creating solutions, preparing development plans and performance evaluations. Their team’s growth and performance directly reflects on their overall performance. They are training their team to maximize potential from every member.
Supervisors take a lead role in developing strategies and ideas to move their clients’ business forward. They will be the lead in many client presentations and should handle most of the daily contact with the middle to senior level clients. Supervisors may also be tasked with contributing on new business prospecting, as needed.
This position is on a client with integrated media plans, so there is a need for a strong TV planning background and experience managing direct-buy digital campaigns.
- Working with the Associate Media Director, integrates all assigned day-to-day media activities with big picture strategy
- Primary contact with Account Management for project initiation/status, setting of realistic timelines, and level-setting expectations and roles for new projects
- Trains planners and assistants in proper methods of preparing, evaluating, and implementing media plans
- Manages workload of planners and assistants, and collaborates with all other parties (Directors/AMDs, Acct Mgmt, etc.) to ensure proper prioritization of planner work
- Directly responsible and accountable to the client for all team projects
- Lead for weekly status meetings both internal and client-facing
- Analytics liaison between media team and all other parties, ensuring that a coherent voice emerges in all client deliverables
- Helps team members develop writing styles and point-of-views
- Maintains familiarity with the history, present organization and procedures of the client, as well as conditions in the industry
- Manages development of agency point-of-views and evaluations
- Maintains records and prepares periodic reports as necessary
- Previous local and/or national TV planning and digital experience
- Proven ability to develop quality, well-conceived and successful media plans
- An energy level that brings new and exciting ideas to the planning process
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple people at varying levels
- Know how to run, analyze and train others on all media research and computer systems
- Outstanding presentation skills; verbal and written
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Positive role model and leader for department and agency
- Ability to deal with conflict to reach positive outcome
- Act as a resource for all team and department employees
- College degree in related field
- Years of media planning experience: 5-7 years
- Relevant client experience, as appropriate