The Media Supervisor – Digital Investment (Paid Search) is responsible for strategy, successful implementation and day-to-day management of paid search accounts. TheMedia Supervisor develops overarching Search strategy and oversees optimization, analysis and tactical execution. He/she is leading clients on strategic search conversations and is a conduit to the how Search plays into the overarching Media investment. This person has a strong understanding of Video, GDN, and Native advertising and a solid foundation of various search and analytics tools. The Media Supervisor is a driven professional that has both critical and analytical thinking and ability to organize, optimize and derive algorithmic solutions for paid search accounts. Passion for quantitative analysis and affinity for math/statistics is strongly preferred. Experience on other Digital Investment channels is preferred (Social & Programmatic) and willingness to learn across these disciplines is required.
- Leads day-to-day management of Search team, executing paid search marketing campaigns across search engines
- Responsible for deploying and executing various optimizations across paid campaigns, keywords and ads
- Responsible for managing digital spend with respect to client’s goals or variety of goals
- Finds opportunities to test new initiatives, ad copy, ad units and ad extensions
- Creates and manages billing, budgeting and pacing process
- Updates budgeting, bidding and other optimizations tools; drives innovation
- Adheres to process, quality assurance protocols and best practices. Introduces improvements and devises new solutions for optimizing paid search assets
- Provides weekly and quarterly reports on performance of search campaigns
- Creates and updates current reporting templates, provides actionable insights for client’s campaigns and optimizations
- Innovates and stays on top of automotive industry and digital marketing trends
- Innovates, presents and executes on yearly strategic and tactical plans
- Develops strategies and quantitative algorithms for optimizations (bidding, budgeting, reporting, etc.). Creates and upholds testing timelines; understands the importance of deriving conclusions based on data sets, statistical significance, and applies findings on a larger scale
- Deep knowledge of optimization techniques – keywords, campaigns caps, targeting. Familiar and comfortable using audience, location and device bid adjustments.
- Leads strategy development and supports execution team for complex search marketing programs
- Consistently learns and is passionate about the digital space. Takes personal responsibility in running all aspects of Search accounts. Disseminates findings and actively coaches others.
- Nurtures client relationships (oversees POV creations, leads ad hoc reporting and presents findings and accounts updated with the client); works with analytics teams on client-facing dashboards.
- Manages 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audiences in various platforms (Liveramp, GA, Adobe); manages maintenance and offline data streams.
- Develops and fosters relationships across larger media planning team, analytics and account management; manages Search learning across department
- Develops relationships and knowledge across other Digital channels; active learner of tools, platforms and optimizations across Campaign Manager 360, audience activation technology (LiveRamp, various 3rd party DMPs/CDPs, etc.), DV360, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Etc.
- Oversees billing, adheres to budgeting goals, responsible for reconciliation and delivery of incremental campaigns.
- 6+ years of Paid Search/Digital Media and/or Analytics Experience
- 1-2 years management experience preferred; Desire to manage and lead others required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, economics, mathematics, statistics, or similar analytical field
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets (i.e. Pivot tables & Vlookups, Slicers, nested IF statements)
- Knowledge of Tableau/MySQL/Datorama/Google Data Studio is a plus
- Knowledge of ad serving platforms (CM360 preferred) and online analytics solutions (Google, Adobe)
- Understanding of tagging and tracking solutions
- Ability to generate various floodlight and event tracking tags
- QA of web pages for technical implementations is a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, and team-working skills
- Experience building, organizing data for analysis and optimizations
- Quantitative analysis
- Forecasting strategies
- Data modeling and statistical analysis is a plus
- Must be self-starter/self-motivated person
- Strong attention to detail and ability to dig into data while understanding important initiatives and priorities
- DoubleClick, Adwords and Bing editor experience is preferred (Marin/Kenshoo is a plus)
- Experience presenting to clients via phone calls and in person-meetings