TITLE: Media Planner
DEPARTMENT: Media Planning
REPORTS TO: Media Supervisor
Integrated Media Planners participate in the development and management of effective integrated offline and digital media plans and buys.
- Confers with senior Media team members, Strategy, Account Management and/or Clients to establish media objectives, and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Utilizes media research tools and resources to influence strategic client recommendations, including but not limited to demographic data, reach & frequency, audience composition & coverage and marketplace trends.
- Develops Requests for Proposals, fields any vendor questions surrounding the RFP; evaluates returned proposals and determines final vehicle selection.
- Confers and negotiates with media representatives to determine optimum use of budgeted funds to achieve marketing and sales objectives.
- Develops and maintains media plans and related documentation including approvals and budgets.
- Presents media plans to senior Media team members, Strategy, Account Management and/or Client for approval and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Daily management of the media product, including meetings and communicating approved plans to Media Buyers.
- Provides measurement with necessary information and document framework to analyze results versus defined campaign metrics (e.g., performance & analytics reports, buy summaries, etc.).
- Responsible for the ongoing support and mentorship of those more junior on daily tasks in order to grow the Assistant’s knowledge base and expand individual management skills.
- Ability to analyze complex data including but not limited to audiences, market & sales, media mix and competitive reporting all to assist in formulating actionable offline and digital plans.
- Is passionate and articulate and can craft a compelling case/recommendation and present it to the client.
- Capacity to see the bigger picture across all marketing touch points, e.g., TV, Print, Display, Mobile, Search, Social.
- Minimum of 2-3 years online & offline media planning experience
- Bachelor degree, preferably in advertising, marketing or related program
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong mathematic & analytical skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills as well as strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team structure, and function as a leader when necessary
- Working knowledge of media research tools and software such as comScore, cross-tabulation software (MRI, Simmons, etc.), MediaTools, MediaOcean/MBOX/Spectra, competitive software (Kantar or Nielsen Ad*Views), Reach/Frequency estimators
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Mac & Keynote skills helpful