Integrated Media Planners participate in the development and management of effective integrated offline and digital media plans and buys.
22squared believes that each employee plays an integral role in the overall success of our agency. Because of that, an employee’s contributions should not be limited by the responsibilities listed in a job description. This job description is designed to outline the primary duties, qualifications and job scope, not limit the employee to just the key responsibilities identified.
- Confers with senior Media team members, Brand Planning, Client Leadership and/or Clients to establish media objectives, and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Utilizes media research tools and resources to influence strategic client recommendations, including but not limited to demographic data, reach & frequency, audience composition & coverage and marketplace trends.
- Develops digital Requests for Proposals, fields any vendor questions surrounding the RFP; evaluates returned proposals and determines final vehicle selection.
- Confers and negotiates with media representatives to determine optimum use of budgeted funds to achieve marketing and sales objectives.
- Develops and maintains media plans and related documentation including approvals and budgets.
- Presents media plans to senior Media team members, Brand Planning, Client Leadership and/or Client for approval and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Daily management of the media product, including meetings and communicating approved plans to Media Buyers.
- Provides measurement with necessary information and document framework to analyze results versus defined campaign metrics (e.g., performance & analytics reports, buy summaries, etc.).
- Responsible for the ongoing support and mentorship of those more junior on daily tasks in order to grow the Assistant’s knowledge base and expand individual management skills.
- Ability to analyze complex data including but not limited to audiences, market & sales, media mix and competitive reporting all to assist in formulating actionable offline and digital plans.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the digital media marketplace plus a strong understanding of interactive marketing concepts, best practices and digital media planning and buying process.
- Experience with 3rd party ad server (DCM, preferred)
- Solid understanding of digital media performance metrics
- Is passionate and articulate and can craft a compelling case/recommendation and present it to the client.
- Capacity to see the bigger picture across all marketing touch points, e.g., TV, Display, Mobile, Search, Social.
- Experience & Skill Set:
- Minimum of 2-3 years online & offline media planning experience
- Bachelor degree, preferably in advertising, marketing or related program
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong mathematical & analytical skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills as well as strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team structure, and function as a leader when necessary
- Working knowledge of media research tools and software such as comScore, cross-tabulation software (MRI, Simmons, etc.), MediaTools, MediaOcean/MBOX/Spectra, competitive software (Kantar or Nielsen Ad*Views), Reach/Frequency estimators
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Mac & Keynote skills helpful