Media Manager – Digital Investment (Paid Social)
The Media Manager – Digital Investment manages and executes strategic social media paid strategies for a large American supermarket chain. The role requires a broad range of skills including collaboration with an integrated team to guide strategic social buying on various platforms, identifying targeting tactics based on campaign briefs and defining media goals measured against precise KPIs and ongoing internal and client education. The role requires commitment to driving innovative paid media solutions and flawless execution.
- Leads paid social media buys and tactical recommendations, including audience strategy, flighting and budgets
- Immerse in all aspects of paid social media, including platform capabilities, targeting opportunities, pricing formats and bidding strategies
- Schedule, maintain, and monitor ad delivery to ensure successful deployment of ads.
- Insures the highest level of stewardship while adhering to deadlines.
- Stays up to date on all market/technology trends.
- Media buys executed flawlessly.
- Work with the strategy department to develop actionable insights to internal stakeholders and clients on emerging digital and social ad technologies. Provide analysis and develop optimization recommendations based on KPIs for paid social media campaigns.
- Track and analyze the performance of media buys to effectively acquire customers at acceptable KPIs.
- Develop a deep understanding for audience buying, leveraging a variety of tools with first and third-party data
- Maintain media client and vendor relationships and serve as key contact for select projects
- Prepare, research and present paid social media plans working with a variety of internal and external platform partners
- Lead client work sessions for various platforms and campaigns-continually bringing new thinking and guiding business objectives
- Assists Supervisor in managing Assistants and Coordinators on the account. Mentor, train, and empower team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field required with focus on advertising, communications, journalism or social media preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in digital media buying and/or planning at a media agency or other social buying platform is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and experience navigating Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat and LinkedIn ad dashboards, and third-party optimization tools
- Demonstrates success in developing and executing social/digital media campaigns with paid media on various social platforms
- Overall understanding of media landscape including all digital and traditional media channels
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to understand client’s business objectives and how they translate into media objectives and strategies
- Strong knowledge of interactive marketing concepts and best practices
- Strong mathematical skills required
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office applications, with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excels at working cross-functionally.
- Is a self-starter and is resourceful in carrying out work assignments and following through.
- Ability to learn new channels, platforms and internal businesses.