Reports to:Associate Media Director (Buying)
Purchases media space and time for advertisements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees buying activity for assigned accounts to assure quality. Ensures buyer understands media plan and media buy specifications, and meets these expectations. May provide supervision to specific markets.
- Studies demographic data to identify client’s target audience, and calculates reach and frequency of potential media vehicles.
- Plans and develops advertising media programs; negotiates and purchases TV, radio, newspapers, outdoor and magazines for all accounts within an assigned group of markets.
- Estimates, updates and adjusts all broadcast ratings per demographic, per quarter.
- Negotiates all rates, special placement and added value by medium for all markets
- Documents all negotiations, makegoods and credits.
- Executes all media plans in the assigned group of markets within established budgets; buys media space and air time.
- Designs optimum buys in terms of cost efficiency, goals delivery and vendor agreements.
- Meets with media representatives and accesses media database to research available options for media placement.
- Maintains all media buys and is responsible for the post-buy results of all buys.
- Monitors buys in progress by spot checking placement and negotiating credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Tracks media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Collaborates with clients and media team members to resolve media billing issues.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 3 – 5 years of Media Buying experience required.
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes involved written or oral instructions. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Personal Computer proficiency; MS Office preferred including MS Outlook. This position will also regularly use media buying and media research specific software.
May supervise the work of Media Buyers, Media Coordinators or Assistant Media Buyers.
Normal office environment. Occasional travel to supported markets or clients may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Employee must be able to see.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.