Department: Creative Services
Reports to: Creative Director
The Jr. Copywriter role requires a keen eye and brain for strategy, storytelling and craftsmanship in all media spaces. This may include broadcast, video, digital, social, print and emerging channels. You possess a strong interest in innovation and technology, and an enthusiasm for whatever comes next. The ability to tinker and experiment on your own and collaborate with all internal stakeholders is key to success in this position. In addition, you must have the ability to articulate ideas clearly and simply to senior creatives, peers and team members.
We embrace the creative department essence: We are storytellers. We solve business problems with stories that evoke emotion and ignite conversation.
- Concept and create in partnership with different disciplines.
- Bring genuine, original creative ideas to the table.
- Recognize a client’s needs and translate them into a creative concept.
- Be well-versed in a client’s brand voice at the executional level.
- Present effectively, for internal and eventually client-facing project reviews.
- Constant awareness of the industry, including groundbreaking ideas, emerging technologies and business solutions.
- Obsessed with current trends.
- Infectious curiosity, at all times.
- Compile presentation decks for internal and external review.
- Work within budgets.
- Execute ideas using a variety of tools and resources.
- Assist with monitoring and directing through all phases of production.
- Follow agency and department protocols.
- Adhere to 22squared policies regarding licensing of images, videos, music and fonts.
- Education from a Design or Graphic Arts school for BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing, Arts, English, Creative Writing, Journalism or Writing for Mass Communication preferred
- A strong portfolio with advertising campaigns showcasing how you think + different copy tones and styles. Conceptual headlines, copy and taglines that work with art direction
- 1+ years of advertising agency experience or comparable internship experience
- Strong concepting skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Effective handling of multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment
- Comfortable with and receptive to feedback; desire to quickly address feedback
- Attention to detail, professional attitude, accountability and self-motivation
- Basic understanding of how a campaign integrates across all channels—video, digital, social, print and beyond
- Mac OS experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills in relevant art and design software packages.
- Position requires local and possible overnight travel (up to 10 to 15% of the time)
- Position requires expert proficiency in English and grammar usage