Department: Creative Services
Reports to:Creative Director
The Jr. Art Director role requires a keen eye and brain for strategy, storytelling and craftsmanship in all media spaces. This may include digital, social, print, broadcast, video and emerging channels. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in diverse and inclusive work, knowing about multicultural audiences, and how to creatively reach and activate them. You possess a strong interest in innovation and technology, and an enthusiasm for whatever comes next. The ability to tinker and experiment on your own and collaborate with all internal stakeholders is key to success in this position. In addition, you must have the ability to share ideas clearly and simply to senior creatives, peers and team members.
We embrace the creative department essence: We believe in the power and obligation of creativity to make the world a better place. We are storytellers. We solve business problems with stories that evoke emotion and ignite conversation.
- Concept and create in partnership with different disciplines.
- Bring genuine, original creative ideas to the table.
- Recognize a client’s needs and translate them into a creative concept.
- Be well versed in a client’s brand voice at the executional level.
- Present effectively, for internal and eventually client-facing project reviews.
- Constant awareness of the industry, including groundbreaking ideas, emerging technologies and business solutions.
- Obsessed with current trends.
- Infectious curiosity, at all times.
- Compile presentation decks for internal and external review.
- Execute ideas using a variety of tools and resources.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of photographers, directors and casting.
- Follow agency and department protocols.
- Adhere to 22squared policies regarding licensing of images, videos, music and fonts.
- Education from a Design or Graphic Arts school for BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing or Art preferred.
- A strong portfolio.
- 1+ years of advertising agency experience or comparable internship experience.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong concepting skills.
- Strong team collaboration skills.
- Basic understanding of how a campaign integrates across all channels—video, digital, social, print and beyond.
- Proficient understanding of photography, typography and video.
- Working knowledge of color theory, color relationships, perspective and space relationships.
- Effective handling of multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment.
- Comfortable with and receptive to feedback; desire to quickly address feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Accountability and self-motivation.
- Mac OS experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills in relevant art and design software packages. Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps Photoshop and Illustrator. Skills in Adobe Premiere and InDesign are a plus.