DEPARTMENT: Creative Services
REPORTS TO: Chief Creative Officer
The Creative Director helps transform great ideas into leading-edge award winning creative. The role requires a keen eye and brain for strategy, storytelling and craftsmanship in all media spaces, but with a passion for content, social and digital. This will include long and short-form video, digital experiences, social media and emerging channels. You possess a strong interest in innovation and technology, and an enthusiasm for whatever comes next. The ability to collaborate with all internal stakeholders is key to success in this position. You must have a deep understanding of different social channels, how to express an idea in different forms and media types, and the ability to articulate your ideas clearly and simply to clients and team members You mentor younger talent and challenge them to grow and learn the processes of being a successful award-winning creative.
We embrace the creative department essence: We are storytellers. We solve business problems with stories that evoke emotion and ignite conversation.
- Champion the Creative Vision.
- Communicate effectively in visual, written and interactive formats.
- Diffuse problems and offer sound, strategic solutions on behalf of 22squared and our clients.
- Responsible for sound, strategic thinking for integrated campaign work.
- Display infectious curiosity, at all times.
- Obsessed with current trends and the latest advances in the technological space.
- Consistently tell engaging stories, no matter what the channel.
- Manage client relationships during projects.
- Contribute to the new business activities of the agency.
- Strong presence with clients and within the advertising community.
- Interest in, and insight into, the creatives working underneath you in order that you may inspire and motivate them in proper ways.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members as they create concepts and execute solutions for clients.
- Regular check-ins with direct reports on status of their projects.
- Conduct monthly one-on-ones with direct reports.
- Conduct annual appraisals with direct reports to review performance and discuss goals for the coming year.
- Follow agency and department protocols.
- Adhere to 22squared policies regarding licensing of images, videos, music and fonts.
- Education from a Design or Graphic Arts school for BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing, Arts, English, Creative Writing, Journalism or Writing for Mass Communication preferred.
- A versatile portfolio that includes award-winning work in content, social, digital, out of home and events preferred.
- 5+ years of advertising agency experience preferred.
- Experience managing at least one creative team is a plus.
- Recognized expertise in the industry’s top award shows preferred.
- Robust knowledge of advertising fundamentals, including brand development, strategy, storytelling, design, new/emerging platforms and technologies.
- Successful experiences working with, and presenting to, clients.
- Understanding of client motivations that encourages them to buy great work.
- Mastery of craft and respect for creative excellence.
- Ability to coordinate with project management to allocate creative resources.
- Skilled in critique and constructive criticism and ability to manage and supervise both art and copy.
- Accountability and self-development.
- Mac OS experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in relevant software packages. Knowledge of G Suite, iWork and Adobe Creative Cloud apps is required.
- This position requires local and overnight travel (up to 20 to 30% of the time).