Reports to: Creative Director
The Copywriter role requires a keen eye and brain for strategy, storytelling and craftsmanship in all media spaces. This may include broadcast, video, digital, social, print and emerging channels. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in diverse and inclusive work, knowing about multicultural audiences, and how to creatively reach and activate them. You possess a strong interest in innovation and technology, and an enthusiasm for whatever comes next. The ability to tinker and experiment on your own and collaborate with all internal stakeholders is key to success in this position. In addition, you must have the ability to articulate ideas clearly and simply to senior creatives, team members and our clients.
We embrace the creative department essence: We believe in the power and obligation of creativity to make the world a better place. We are storytellers. We solve business problems with stories that evoke emotion and ignite conversation.
- Concept and create in partnership with different disciplines.
- Bring genuine, original creative ideas to the table.
- Understand the structure of a brand’s identity—how the visual and verbal executions come together to create a holistic brand experience.
- Responsible for sound, strategic thinking for integrated campaign work.
- Recognize a client’s needs and translate them into a creative concept.
- Consult with client on all copy recommendations and/or issues.
- Present effectively, whether for internal or client-facing project reviews.
- Constant awareness of the industry, including groundbreaking ideas, emerging technologies and business solutions.
- Obsessed with current trends.
- Infectious curiosity, at all times.
- Compile presentation decks for internal and external review.
- Execute ideas using a variety of tools and resources.
- Evaluate and determine photographers, directors and casting.
- Provide effective direction through all phases of production—internally and with external partners.
- Follow agency and department protocols.
- Adhere to 22squared policies regarding licensing of images, videos, music and fonts.
- A strong, award-winning portfolio preferred.
- 2+ years of advertising agency experience preferred.
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
- Strong concepting skills.
- Strong team collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in video, digital, social, print and beyond—campaign integration across all channels.
- Ability to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
- Effective handling of multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment.
- Comfortable with and receptive to feedback; desire to quickly address feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Accountability and self-motivation.
- Mac OS experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills in relevant software packages. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps is a plus.
- Position may require local and overnight travel (up to 10 to 15% of the time).