22squared is looking for a freelance Comms Strategy Director to join our growing team and drive meaningful connections with our clients’ audiences at every stage of the consumer journey and across all channels.
As part of our Comms Strategy team, you will facilitate integrated thinking by encouraging cross-channel ideas, ensuring creative ideas are brought to life in a strategic manner, and that our creative is enhanced for every marketing channel.
The Comms Strategy Director reports to the Director of Comms Strategy and will be responsible for determining how creative components (paid, owned, earned) work together to drive consumer action, and ultimately, business results. As the freelance Director, you will be charged with developing and driving the communications strategy for your clients and overseeing Strategists who will help implement the strategy across all client projects and assignments.
Our ideal candidate understands how to use data, intuition and cultural insights to map messaging strategy, communications goals, and channel opportunities to each phase of the consumer journey. This person is passionate about the intersection of culture and technology, with a firm grasp on why and how people use different media to communicate and consume content.
- 8+ years experience in a social, digital, or communications planning role.
- Strong understanding of multiple communication channels, including paid, owned and earned, and how consumers use each to make decisions and consume content.
- Experience with paid social and digital media and an understanding of how to drive engagement, reach, and conversion.
- Expert in developing strategic deliverables, with outputs including presentations, consumer journeys, communication plans, thought leadership & best practices, and briefing documents.
- Takes ownership and produces high-quality deliverables over multiple assignments concurrently.
- Evidence of facilitating innovative and creative thinking across traditional and digital channels.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent strategic and thought leadership skills.
- Confident and effective communicator, trusted by senior clients for strategic leadership and counsel.
- Strong relationship management skills, helping to foster a shared sense of ownership and success.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.