Reports to: Client Accounting Director
This position requires a Degree in Accounting and will perform accounting tasks related to Billing, Accounts Payable, and other general accounting duties in a high-volume environment.
A willingness to learn the inner workings of the agency and its GL accounting systems and processes is crucial to the overall success and future growth opportunities for this position. Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills along with a desire to collaborate with others, both within and outside of the department, are also requirements of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform client billing, submit invoices to clients, process client payments and related accounts payable functions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Match purchase orders to invoices, identify discrepancies and follow-up on any issues identified.
- Accurately process high volume of accounts payable invoices including review and matching for weekly check runs.
- Manage Accounts Receivable and ensure accuracy of invoices. Communicate status of receivable balances and past due accounts to management.
- Research and respond to client and vendor inquiries. Follow up with Account Management team and vendors to resolve billing issues.
- Learn and use software systems and technology to streamline manual processes, customize reporting, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Assist with GL activities and other special projects as assigned.
Required Experience, Education, Demonstrated Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required
- 2+ years of experience with high volume Billing and Accounts Payable
- Technical and analytical skills resolving billing and payable discrepancies.
- Detail oriented and strong multi-tasking ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with GL Accounting software preferred.
- Must be a team player with ability to maintain a positive attitude in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Advertising or broadcast accounting a plus
- Self-starter, energetic, enthusiastic, and customer service focused.