Associate Media Director – Digital Investment (Paid Social)
The Associate Media Director – Digital Investment (Paid Social) is responsible for strategy, successful implementation and day-to-day management of paid social accounts for a large American supermarket chain. Lead clients on strategic paid social conversations and is a conduit to how social plays into the overarching Media investment. The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for paid social, and a proven track record of implementing successful paid social media campaigns. This person must also possess a passion for learning as the social landscape continues to evolve.
- Leads day-to-day management of social team, and execution of paid social campaigns across social channels.
- Responsible for managing digital spend with respect to client’s goals or variety of goals
- Finds opportunities to test new initiatives, ad units, bidding models and campaign types.
- Creates and manages billing, budgeting and pacing process
- Act as the primary contact for the agency departments such as media planning, account management, and analytics
- Work closely with platform partners to explore testing opportunities and ways to further improve the campaign’s performance.
- Develop and advise on ongoing paid social media activation plans based on client RFPs
- Adheres to process, quality assurance protocols and best practices.
- Introduces improvements and devises new solutions for optimizing paid social campaigns.
- Nurtures client relationships (oversees POV creations, leads ad hoc reporting and presents findings to the client); works with analytics teams on client-facing dashboards.
- Manages 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audiences in various platforms (Liveramp, AdStudio); manages maintenance and offline data streams.
- Consistently learns and is passionate about the digital space. Disseminates findings and actively coaches others.
- Career development and coaching for Supervisors and Managers
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to the team to aid in their development, improvement, and progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, economics, mathematics, statistics, or similar analytical field
- 7+ years of paid media experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience with paid social
- 2-3 years management experience preferred; Desire to manage and lead others required
- Excellent organizational, communication, and team-working skills
- Experience building, organizing data for analysis and optimizations (Quantitative analysis, forecasting strategies, data modeling and statistical analysis is a plus)
- Must be self-starter/self-motivated person
- Strong attention to detail and ability to dig into data while understanding important initiatives and priorities
- Experience handling large media budgets and developing insights based on campaign results
- Proficiency with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, LinkedIn and Snapchat that includes a clear understanding of each platform’s capabilities.
- Excellent organization and time management; ability to prioritize workload for the team and multi-task
- Holds relevant certifications
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office applications, with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven experience in a leadership role – inspiring cross-discipline teams, client leadership
- Entrepreneurial attitude: You’re excited at the idea of building the agency with new platforms, tools, ideas and opportunities.