Department: Creative Services
Reports to: Creative Director
The Associate Creative Director role requires a keen eye and brain for strategy, storytelling and craftsmanship in all media spaces. This includes broadcast, video, digital, social, print and emerging channels. You possess a strong interest in innovation and technology, and an enthusiasm for whatever comes next. The ability to tinker and experiment on your own and collaborate with all internal stakeholders is key to success in this position. You must have the ability to articulate ideas clearly and simply to senior creatives, team members and our clients. You will lead, mentor and provide clear direction to team members on your projects.
We embrace the creative department essence: We are storytellers. We solve business problems with stories that evoke emotion and ignite conversation.
- Champion the Creative Vision.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members as they create concepts and execute solutions for clients.
- Be the creative spokesperson for projects to ensure that the creative integrity of the work stays intact.
- Be responsible for oversight of small accounts or large projects as needed.
- Manage client relationships during projects.
- Contribute to the new business activities of the agency.
- Concept and create in partnership with different disciplines.
- Bring genuine, original creative ideas to the table.
- Understand the structure of a brand’s identity—how the visual and verbal executions come together to create a holistic brand experience.
- Responsible for sound, strategic thinking for integrated campaign work.
- Recognize a client’s needs and translate them into a creative concept.
- Present effectively, whether for internal or client-facing project reviews.
- Constant awareness of the industry, including groundbreaking ideas, emerging technologies and business solutions.
- Obsessed with current trends.
- Compile presentation decks for internal and external review.
- Execute ideas using a variety of tools and resources.
- Evaluate and determine photographers, directors and casting.
- Provide effective direction through all phases of production—internally and with external partners.
- Adhere to 22squared policies regarding licensing of images, videos, music and fonts.
- Education from a Design or Graphic Arts school for BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing, Arts, English, Creative Writing, Journalism or Writing for Mass Communication preferred.
- A strong, award-winning portfolio preferred.
- 5+ years of advertising agency experience preferred.
- Robust knowledge of advertising fundamentals, including brand development, strategy, storytelling, design, new/emerging platforms and technologies.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Excellent concepting skills.
- Experience, talent, judgment and imagination for creation.
- Full command of the creative process.
- Excellent internal and external communication and presentation skills.
- Adaptability to situations based on client or internal needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal department relationships. Ability to build rapport easily with diverse people.
- Skills to inspire and motivate team members.
- Excellent team building and collaboration skills.
- Ability to critique and deliver constructive criticism.
- Management and supervision of both art and copy throughout the creative process.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in video, digital, social, print and beyond—campaign integration across all channels.
- Ability to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
- Effective handling of multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment.
- Comfortable with and receptive to feedback; desire to quickly to address feedback.
- Accountability and self-development.
- Mac OS experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in relevant software packages. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps is a plus.
- Position requires local and overnight travel (up to 20 to 30% of the time).
- Position requires proficiency in English and grammar usage.