ASSISTANT BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER
The Assistant Business Affairs Manager in the Integrated Production Department will assist Business Affairs Mangers in all digital, social, broadcast, print and industrial projects on designated client businesses. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, eager to learn and will be a team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced creative environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, track and process all talent invoices from paymasters in concert with the Account, Production and Finance departments.
- Assist with rights and clearances as needed
- Work closely with Producers and Business Affairs Managers to generate and distribute award letters/contracts and purchase orders
- Bind production insurance for all jobs
- Process Producer and Business Affairs approved vendor invoices
- Review vendor agreements to ensure they meet compliance standards and work with inhouse attorney as needed
- Assist with Trademark searches for proposed branding, taglines, etc.
- Assist with Music and Stock footage research and licensing
- Negotiate talent renewals
- Assist in managing union claims, audits or reporting requirements
- Work with teams to ensure all legal invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain vendor insurance requirements
- Adhere to 22 Squared compliance requirements in all aspects of job.
- Register original music to ensure clients receive their share of ASCAP and BMI performance rights revenues
- Manage asset trackers with Account Management to ensure all usage and terms are in compliance with licenses
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with heavy attention to details
- Ability to work independently and as part of a Team
- Interest in Clearance, Talent Payment, Legal Affairs a must
- Must have a flexible attitude, and take an invested interest in creative problem solving
- Talent background and familiarity with aspects of SAG/AFTRA is a plus, but not required