TITLE: Assistant Account Executive
DEPARTMENT: Account Management
REPORTS TO: Account Supervisor
Support assigned account team with project initiation and coordination. The position assumes marketing fundamentals, project management, and general office/team administrative support.
- Coordinates account activities.
- Assists with preparation of job orders/creative briefs for projects as directed by Account Supervisor/Group Account Director based on agreed upon client objectives and strategies.
- Assists with preparation of project estimates that will result in a profit to the agency.
- Proofs all materials before client presentations/final production.
- Monitors activity on assigned projects and communicates status of each project to appropriate agency and client personnel.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive work flow through weekly status reports, project time lines, budget recaps, estimates and authorizations (E&As), etc.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly billing to client approved E&As and PO#s.
- Helps maintain a positive relationship between the agency and the client.
- Build rapport and credibility with client, as well as with internal departments.
- Learn to work independently and become “point” or “go-to” person (both internally and externally) on smaller projects that Account Supervisor/Group Account Director assigns AAE to manage. This means AAE figures out or takes a shot at what to do versus always waiting to be told what to do.
- Maintains positive morale and sense of teamwork among agency staff assigned to account.
- Coordinates production of all meeting materials.
- Reviews monthly billing worksheets against E&As and PO#s, obtains comments from AGD/AS, consolidates requested revisions and proofs changes made by Accounting, produces client recaps and emails to appropriate client contacts, maintains appropriate files including PO book.
- Prepares client correspondence as necessary including primary responsibility for updating and distributing weekly status report to clients.
- Assists Account Supervisor/Group Account Director and/or Executive Vice President with new business development as requested.
- Aid AS/GAD in tracking account revenue via accurate/timely monthly billing recap generation.
- Aid with monitoring of project estimate vs. actual.
- Aid in accurate/timely processing and distribution of monthly billing.
- Prepare accurate/timely estimates.
- Assist with Business Development presentations as requested.
- Consistently utilize agency tools and processes to help manage and deliver client work on time and on budget.
- Assist in preparing and distributing accurate and timely, job starters, media plan requests/buy authorizations, creative briefs, timelines, estimates, memos, etc. utilizing agency templates.
- Prepare and distribute weekly status report.
- Establish and maintain current client, agency, and competitive files.
- Establish and maintain strong personal/working relationships with designated client contacts.
- Identify ways to enhance and expand relationships with members of the account team and coordination of target or partner groups outside of Account Management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Organized—able to sort, file, and retrieve information logically and easily.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines under pressure. Can establish priorities and objectives in order to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, attentive, and accurate.
- Uses sound and logical judgment in coming to a solution of a problem; and the ability to generate alternative solutions.
- Ability to maintain constructive behavior in the face of adversity; to manage stress and pressure in working through assigned tasks.
- Flexible and able to shift gears easily.
- Effective communicator to agency staff and clients. Ability to deliver clear, concise and accurate message both written and orally.
- Self-confident and able to project and instill confidence in others.
- Able to anticipate needs, act, and develop solutions without direction.
- Basic presentation skills.
- Ability to learn project management and reporting tools.
- Experience using Google, Mac, and the internet for research required.
- Exhibits basic understanding of various agency functions, including creative development, media planning, production, public relations and direct response.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, business, communications, journalism, or liberal arts.
- Previous experience in an agency or client equivalent is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.