The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for leading small to medium size jobs for the assigned client and/or project. The position requires good communication skills and attention to detail, along with the ability to learn from the integrated team what constitutes smart strategy and good work. AEs should have a solid understanding of basic marketing tactics and the way an agency works. They should demonstrate a desire to understand their clients’ business and the agency profitability model. In addition, this position requires a strong foundation in Spanish language/Multicultural marketing and best practices.
- Responsible for mastering basic agency processes, developing positive client relationships and developing strong relationships with the integrated team
- Responsible for sharing relevant industry and competitive updates
- Lead internal communication and collaboration across departments
- Setting expectations for each team member and output of project
- Establishing clear deliverables and timelines to ensure team alignment
- Keeping Project Management informed on project process and details
- Manage up to Supervisors to keep leadership informed on important client and internal team updates
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the client’s business to evaluate work based on strategy and objectives.
- Earn and maintain a positive relationship with junior members of the client team to further agency partnership and execute tactical work.
- Develop ability to think critically in the development of new work in order to prepare for client feedback or technical roadblocks.
- Master basics of agency and client processes within day-to-day workflow.
- Act as financial stewards by managing media, production, out of scope project and service fee budgets and billing.
- Support team in execution and strategy of integrated creative campaigns across all touch points, including Display, OOH, Broadcast, Social, Search, Online Video, Print & POP
- Serve as role model and teacher to AAEs
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different people and work styles
- Experience executing administrative and tactical account work and ability to mentor AAEs in performing those duties
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in advertising, marketing or related field, experience with multicultural markets/brands, a plus
- Experience leading tactical projects including promotional or routine monthly campaigns
- Demonstrated success managing projects, schedules and client deadlines
- Working knowledge of agency departments’ capabilities and processes (social, media planning and buying, analytics, etc)
- Basic presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or iWork
- Ability to learn project management and reporting tools
- Deep and personal understanding of and connection to Hispanic heritage and culture
- Fluency or proficiency in Spanish language is preferred
- Good understanding of and experience of multicultural markets/brands