At Trade School, we believe content is a powerful tool to solve modern business problems through innovation and modern connections. We are an integrated content agency, creating smarter conversations between brands and people with beautifully crafted content.
The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for leading small to medium size jobs for the assigned client and or/project. The position requires good communication skills and attention to detail, along with the ability to learn from the integrated team what constitutes smart strategy and good work. AEs should have a solid understanding of basic marketing tactics and the way an agency works. They should demonstrate a desire to understand their clients’ business and the agency profitability model.
Trade School is breaking the mold of traditional agencies and content shops, and this person must be a quick learner in the areas of campaign/project management, client relationship management, cross-functional integration, and business development.
- Responsible for mastering basic agency processes, developing positive client relationships, and building strong relationships with the integrated team
- Responsible for sharing relevant industry and competitive updates
- Lead internal communication and collaboration across departments
- Setting expectations for each team member and project outputs
- Establishing clear deliverables and timelines to ensure team alignment
- Keeping Marketing Operations & leadership informed of project process and details
- Manage up to Supervisors to keep leadership informed on important client and internal team updates
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the client’s business to evaluate work based on strategy and objectives
- Earn and maintain a positive relationship with junior members of the client team to further agency partnership and execute tactical work
- Develop ability to think critically in the development of new work in order to prepare for client feedback or technical roadblocks.
- Master basics of agency and client processes within day-to-day workflow.
- Act as a financial steward by managing media, production, out of scope projects, and service fee budgets and billing.
- Support team in execution and strategy of integrated creative campaigns across all touch points
- Serve as a role model and teach to Assistant Account Executives
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 – 3 years of experience in advertising, marketing, or related field
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different people and work styles
- Experience executing administrative and tactical account work and the ability to mentor AAEs in performing those duties
- Experience leading tactical projects including promotional or routine monthly campaigns
- Demonstrated success managing projects, schedules, and client deadlines
- Working knowledge of agency department capabilities and processes (strategy, creative, production)
- Basic presentation skills
- Ability to learn project management and reporting tools
- Comfortable using Mac, Keynote, G-Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and agency management software
- Positive and solutions-oriented attitude when challenges arise
- Self-starter with proactive approaches to tasks and projects
- Demonstrates a willing attitude, respect for others, and the ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative team
- Concerned with the development of personal expertise and overall success of the agency
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
- Sitting, standing
- Talking, listening, reading / interpreting skills
- Color vision
- Regular and reliable attendance
- English and grammar usage skills
- Reading/interpreting instructions