Ad Operations Specialist
Ad Operations Specialist
Media Planning|Atlanta, GA, United States
The Ad Operations Specialist role will be responsible for the correct launch of digital advertising campaigns across display, programmatic, video, paid social and connected TV. Working closely with Media, Analytics, Account Management and Creative/Production departments, the ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of ad operations and digital technologies related to the execution and measurement of multi-channel digital marketing efforts.
This person will complete their portion of the digital ad trafficking process, including gathering and communicating ad specifications, collecting creative assets, developing traffic sheets from start to finish with the aid of Media, Account Management and Analytics, wrapping tags for media vendors, releasing ad tags to media partners, implementing client website tagging and tag management, proactively enabling connections from partners to DMPs, extensively QAing, and delivering on-time and accurate launch for a complex ecosystem of digital placements with specific start and end dates across a large regional territory.
A passion for problem solving within the technical environment and the ability to communicate with non-technical teams is highly desired.
This individual must successfully multi-task and manage multiple timelines with minimal supervision. He/She must have an obsession with attention to detail and a proven ability to solve problems. He/She displays clear communication and acts proactively, both with creative launches/refreshes as well as creative that needs troubleshooting. He/She should also bring thinking and opportunities to innovate in this space. As a technical resource for the Southeast Toyota team, he/she works to deliver flawless digital campaign ad operations and plays an active role in guiding the team in the use of new marketing technology products and processes.
- Incorporates an understanding of client and internal team goals into their day-to-day work.
- Completes assigned tasks within designated timelines.
- Gathers performance data, and leads data entry and market/technology research.
- Connects media objectives/strategy with campaign instrumentation.
- Owns campaign QA from start to finish.
- Performs daily campaign maintenance.
- Reviews data and reports for accuracy, completeness and insight.
- Incorporates basic analysis/insights over time and becomes more involved with ad hoc data and reporting efforts.
- Translates complex scenarios, ideas or problems in an easy to follow way for a variety of audiences.
- Facilitates the relationships with Flashtalking and Innovid ad serving partners (and any future ad servers) to traffic and test creative, schedule and target ad campaigns, and troubleshoot to ensure delivery and performance goals are met. Measures campaign performance and delivery.
- Works with third party tag providers to troubleshoot creative.
- Proactively investigates issues (delivery discrepancies, technical issues, etc.) with clients, third-party platforms, and/or internal parties and provide resolutions to these issues.
- Works closely with Media, Account Management and Analytics to communicate any/all changes to campaigns, technical issues, delivery issues, optimization suggestions, etc.
- Implements changes to creative or flighting/weighting in a quick-turn manner.
- Proactively seeks new online advertising knowledge, keep current with interactive media trends.
- Has experience with a DMP and able to execute campaigns with personalization (audience & messaging).
- Understands media and site testing and can set up campaigns based on set test parameters.
- Manages all site media / partner level optimization pixels.
- Manages all site related media / partner level optimization pixel implementation / management / QA with development lead.
- Manages all site spotlight tag creation / implementation / management / QA with development lead.
- Keeps up to date on evolving digital landscape to guide how that impacts our process/deliverables as well as flagging opportunities that we should seize.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in digital technology, advertising, public relations, or marketing.
- Has become proficient with regular deliverables and ad hoc requests.
- Has an established history of flawless execution and strong client service.
- Has demonstrated themselves to be a proven team player and collaborator.
- Has exhibited ownership of detailed and often time-sensitive tasks.
- Has demonstrated the ability to transition to an external client-facing position over time.
- Has exhibited strong skills in Microsoft Office especially in Excel.
- Has exhibited proficiency in HTML.
- Having working knowledge of Flashtalking or Innovid preferred, but not mandatory.