Senior Art Director
Senior Art Director
Creative & Design|Atlanta, GA, United States
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
The Sr. Art Director role requires a keen eye and brain for strategy, storytelling and craftsmanship in all media spaces. This may include broadcast, video, digital, social, print and emerging channels. You possess a strong interest in innovation and technology, and an enthusiasm for whatever comes next. The ability to tinker and experiment on your own and collaborate with all internal stakeholders is key to success in this position. You must have the ability to articulate ideas clearly and simply to senior creatives, team members and our clients. In addition, as a senior creative, you will guide and teach younger talent within the department. We embrace the creative department essence: We are storytellers. We solve business problems with stories that evoke emotion and ignite conversation.
- Concept and create in partnership with different disciplines.
- Bring genuine, original creative ideas to the table.
- Understand the structure of a brand’s identity—how the visual and verbal executions come together to create a holistic brand experience.
- Responsible for sound, strategic thinking for integrated campaign work.
- Recognize a client's needs and translate them into a creative concept.
- Consult with clients on all technical visual recommendations and/or issues.
- Present effectively, whether for internal or client-facing project reviews.
- Constant awareness of the industry, including groundbreaking ideas, emerging technologies and business solutions.
- Obsessed with current trends.
- Infectious curiosity, at all times.
- Compile presentation decks for internal and external review.
- Abide by the Project Level and work within budgets.
- Execute ideas using a variety of tools and resources.
- Evaluate and determine photographers, directors and casting.
- Provide effective direction through all phases of production—internally and with external partners.
- Mentor and ideate with junior creative team members.
- Follow agency and department protocols.
- Adhere to 22squared policies regarding licensing of images, videos, music and fonts.
- Education from a Design or Graphic Arts school for BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing or Art preferred.
- A strong, award-winning portfolio preferred.
- 4+ years of advertising agency experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Excellent concepting skills.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in video, digital, social, print and beyond—campaign integration across all channels.
- Mastery of composition techniques (multiple elements and interactive pieces) in producing polished final pieces.
- Thorough understanding of photography, typography and video.
- Excellent working knowledge of color theory, color relationships, perspective and space relationships.
- Ability to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
- Effective handling of multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment.
- Comfortable with and receptive to feedback; desire to quickly address feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Accountability and self-motivation.
- Mac OS experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages. Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps Photoshop and Illustrator. Skills in Adobe Premiere and InDesign are a plus. Also iWork Keynote is preferred.